Saturday, February 4, 2012

Radiating His Beauty

Tonight is the annual Miss Northwestern Lady of the Bracelet pageant. As I am preparing to sit in the audience as a former Miss Lady of the Bracelet, I am reminiscing on all of the wonderful memories I made during my reigning year. Pageantry was once a very important part of my life. As I now look back, I can recall the countless hours spent seeking to perfect my outward appearance. The hair...the make-up...the wardrobe...all important factors when preparing for a pageant. I am certain that the competing contestants tonight have dedicated the same amount of time to be able to show off their best physical self as well.

Wouldn't it be awesome if we spent that much time perfecting our inward appearance? How much time do we spend daily grooming ourselves compared to the amount of time spent in the word of God? Galations 1:10 tells us, "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of God."

Now do not get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoy reading about and experimenting with the latest fashion trends, hairstyles, and make-up tricks. As women, when we doll ourselves up on the outside, more importantly, we should turn to the One who specializes in internal makeovers. The Bible tells us in Proverbs, "Charm can be deceiving and beauty fades away, but a woman who honors the Lord deserves to be praised."


As women of God, our tongue should bring Him praise, our wardrobe reveal His Spirit, our feet follow the path that He has planned for us, and our heart filled with humility and compassion. For when we seek to clothe ourselves in His light and truth, our beauty will truly radiate for we will be a reflection of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Stay tuned...

B

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful blog written by a beautiful child of God. May you continue to grow in His mercy & grace.

    ReplyDelete