Monday, February 6, 2012

Patiently...I Will WAIT

Do you remember when you were just a child & you wanted something? It didn't matter where you were or who you were with. You wanted it & you wanted it right then!

I must admit that I have been acting a little childish lately. I am 22 years old & a current grad student, yet I can hardly stand the fact that I'm not married or that I don't have a steady career. Don't judge! I know I can't be the only woman who gets a little anxious from time to time, so I'm hoping you can relate.

After consistantly praying for patience & understanding, God has recently opened my eyes to realize that His timing is perfect! How awesome is that?!

As anxious & eager women, we tend to want to run ahead of God before His plans are complete. I have realized that relying on my own strength will only let me down & the dreams that God has planned for me are far greater than anything I can dream on my own. This brings me great peace knowing that God knows & wants what is truly best for me and my life!

Isaiah 40:31 says, "but those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run & not grow weary, they will walk & not faint."



It is often difficult for me to remain patient, especially because I feel a desperate need to always plan ahead. But relying on the promise that I will run farther & soar higher with God's timing...I think I will choose to wait. What about you??

Stay tuned...

B

1 comment:

  1. Ahh Brittany, This is indeed a lesson we women struggle with all our lives. Many of the great women of the Bible give us hope that this is normal! Aren't we glad that our God is able to supply ALL our needs, as you say in His time.

    ReplyDelete