Saturday, February 18, 2012

Is Your Tank on Empty?

Lately as I sit down to write...nothing comes. It seems like I just end up staring at a blank sheet of paper. It's quite frustrating!

Well, the other day I was filling up my car with gas and all of a sudden it hit me! It's like God spoke to my heart right in that parking lot. He said, "Just as you have to refuel your car to be able to go, you also have to refuel yourself with My word to be able to share." Ummm...WOW!

So I started thinking, and I  realized what little time I have been spending reading my Bible lately. I even tried to justify myself at first by saying, "God, I go to church every Sunday and I listen to worship music almost all of the time." But the truth is, spending quality time in the word of God is necessary to fully refuel ourselves. The Bible says that "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."

The more time we spend with Him, the more we will long for more of Him. Listen to the lyrics of the song in this video:



"And I, I'm desperate for You. And I, I'm lost without You."--How amazing would it be for each of us to be so desperate to receive God's word?!
So I leave a simple thought with you today...is your tank on empty? I challenge you, as well as myself, to make a conscious effort to spend time daily refueling ourselves with the power of God's word!

 "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
-2 Timothy 3:16-17


I'm predicting some pretty awesome results!

Stay tuned...

B

No comments:

Post a Comment