Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Let's Talk About LOVE

LOVE--it's that 4 letter word that makes us girls feel all "mushy" inside. We spend years dreaming about the very moment our prince charming will sweep us off our feet and we'll live happily ever after!

Now let me tell you, I have had my fair share of relationships. I've had the good, the bad, and the one's I'd rather pretend never existed. I'm certain you can all relate. I am blessed to be able to say that I have HAPPILY been dating my very best friend for the past 2 years, and he treats me daily like a fairytale princess.


Ahhh...the fairytale...We read about it, sing about it, create thousands of movies about it, and even designate an entire day that is dedicated strictly to LOVE.
Incase you didn't know, I consider myself to be a hopeless romantic. I could watch Disney's Cinderella over and over again, and it should come as no surprise that Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. I love Valentine's Day candy, especially the little heart shaped sweetarts. It's fun to dig through a bag and read all the cute little saying on them. My favorite saying is the one that reads, "You are MINE!"


"You are mine"...makes me think of the verse in Ephesians that says, "For we are God's masterpiece, He created us anew in Christ Jesus so that we can do the things He planned for us long ago."
Wow! We are God's masterpiece; we are His! No boyfriend of ours could ever love us like our Heavenly Father does. He is the Lover of our soul, and He wants to meet our every need.

Ephesians 3:19 says, "May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God."


It's hard for me to wrap my mind around someone who loved us so much that He stretched out His arms and died for us. We are His creation, and He will FOREVER be commited to us. He won't lie or cheat, and He will NEVER let us down!

Now this is one amazing love story! Happy Valentine's Day!

Stay tuned...

B

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have grown into a very inspiring young lady. I love the John 3:16 rendition as the original Valentine! Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete