Monday, March 12, 2012

My Chains Are Gone...I've Been Set Free

Have you ever just had one of those days where you literally wake up in a bad mood? Well, this past Saturday was one of those days for me! I do not know what the deal was, but it was as if I was trying to pick a fight about every little thing. My boyfriend and I got into an arguement, and I started bringing up negative things from the past to throw in his face. 

After I had settled down and apologized for my actions, I got to thinking...What if God did that to me? What if every time He got in one of those moods, He brought up things of the past to throw back in my face? Wow! These thoughts came like a slap in the face to me.

2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!"

Isn't it so amazing that when we come to Him, we are no longer a slave to sin?! We are no longer under Satan's power! We are no longer even our own, because He bought us with His life! Jesus paid for each and every one of our sins--past, present, and future.



The Bible says that "we have ALL sinned and fall short of the glory of God," but when we form that relationship with Him...the past is erased, and a new life begins! He will not bring up the past again, because it is gone in His eyes. God loves us no matter what we have done or said. He is patiently waiting for us to surrender to Him so that He can give us His wonderful gift of grace!

He cannot wait to take you to the next level of your faith! He simply asks you to set a higher standard for yourself. He asks you to let go of the old habits that are holding you back from becoming the new you. Let Him lead you away from your former life and receive the power that can truly transform your life! Our God is absolutely incredible!

The lyrics to the song in this video are so powerful: "My chains are gone. I've been set free. My God, my Savior has randsomed me. And like a flood, His mercy rains. Unending love, amazing grace." Think about that...you have been set free!



Stay tuned...

B

No comments:

Post a Comment