Sunday, March 4, 2012

It's Time to Recalculate

I will be the first to admit that I am the world's worst when it comes to directions! (I'm sure my friends & family would all agree with that statement.)  I am beyond thankful that little invention called the Global Positioning System--better known as the GPS!


You know what I like most about it?? Even if I accidentally make a wrong turn, it always finds a way to guide me back to the right path. I take a wrong exit, and that little robot voice comes on saying,"Re-calculate. Re-calculate."

A bit of a personal story--This past weekend I went to the Women of Faith conference in Shreveport, LA. As usual, I programmed the address into my GPS and hit the road. As I started getting into Shreveport, it began taking me down unfamiliar roads that were located out in the middle of literally nowhere! I started questioning whether or not my GPS knew where it was taking me! Just as I officially began to panic, I made the final turn and there it was--I had reached my destination! My GPS knew all along exactly where I was supposed to go.

You know...we may take the "wrong exit" in life sometimes. Or we may find ourselves in unfamiliar territory just as I did this past weekend. We may come to a fork in the road and not know whether to turn right or left. We look to the left and see the "easy road." It looks like many other people have chosen this road, so we think that it must be the way to go! It's bumps have been made smooth by the large crowds. It seems safe, because so many people have ventured around it's curves. What we don't see, however, is this popular road ultimately leads to destruction.

God has provided each one of us with our personal navigational system for life--the Bible. When we accidentally take a wrong turn, God's voice is softly saying, "Re-calculate. Re-calculate." Simply cry out to Him when you are lost, and He will lead you back to the road that leads to life again.

Deuteronomy 11:22 says, "Be careful to obey all the commands I give you; show love to the Lord your God by walking in His ways and clinging to Him."

God's directions are always accurate, and His maps never need an update! He is patiently waiting to get each of us on the right road today!

Stay tuned...

B

1 comment:

  1. Brittany, here's a verse that goes with your thought, Proverbs 6: 22. "When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee." The Word is rich and always knows the way we should go! Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete