Monday, March 19, 2012

Trust and Obey

I constantly find myself praying, "Lord, show me my purpose. Show me where You want me to be and exactly what You want me to do." How many of you are with me in that you say, "Lord, just give me some sort of sign!"

God's "signs" are all around us. Many of them are found right in front of us--in the written word of God. We just have to look. When we are willing, God is patiently waiting to strategically place us somewhere to be a blessing for Him. He has a special plan and a special purpose for each and every one of us. He is just waiting for us to say, "Here I am, Lord. I am ready and willing to be obedient to You!"

Maybe God has already revealed His plan to you, and you don't understand why...or even it's purpose. You may find yourself saying, "God, that's not important enough. No one will even see me doing that for You." What we have to keep in mind is that we do not work for other people...we work for Him! No plan of His is too small. It is not our job to question...but to simply say, "yes sir," and be obedient.

1 Corinthians 15:58 says, "Be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord's work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless."

Maybe God has revealed His plan to you, and you are not sure where to begin. One thing I have learned is that God provides clear directions! We just have to be willing to listen and committed to obedience. When God told Noah to build an ark, He gave him specific instructions. He provided the exact dimensions and exactly how to construct it. God faithfully guided Moses when leading His people out of Egypt. He was with Abraham every step of the way and provided him with the lamb for sacrifice. So don't you think that He is with you throughout your own journey? The Bible is our book of instructions. It has been proven & tested through and through.

It's like that old hymn titled Trust and Obey. The chorus says, "Trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey."



Let's make a commitment today to go where God sends us without question...trusting and knowing that He has prepared the way!

Stay tuned...

B

1 comment: