Monday, April 2, 2012

What's so important about PRAYER?

Oh what's the big deal about PRAYER? I mean...the Bible tell us to pray--but we don't. Who has time for that these days? Isn't it optional? Prayer has to be outdated. I'd rather leave praying up to my preacher. I've been getting along pretty well without it. So in that case, prayer must be a "last-minute emergency" type thing. Right???

WRONG!

What happened to saying our prayers every night? What happened to blessing each meal before we ate? How did we so easily get away from the realization of the power of prayer?

Prayer isn't a requirement or a job; it is a privilege! God gives each of us the ability to call on Him! John 14:14 says, "You may ask anything in My name, and I will do it!"

God tell us that if we have the faith of just a tiny mustard seed, then we have the power to move mountains! All we have to do is call on Him by faith, and know that He will answer.
God knows each and every little thing going on in your life today. He is already highly aware of your every thought, your every choice, and your every move. He knows what makes you sad, happy, angry, anxious, and tired. He is patiently waiting for you to turn to Him, and tell Him all about it. He's ready to help you through it!

I heard a song on the way to work this morning and the lyrics went something like this: "Stand tall and remember what He said, I won't give you more than you can take. I might let you bend, but I won't let you break. I will never let you go!"

Prayer is our path to the exciting adventure of building a wonderful relationship with our Savior. God's ear is truly Divine. Talk to Him. Trust Him. Have faith in Him.



One of my favorite quotes says, "When life gets too hard to stand...KNEEL!" It is no doubt that the spiritual battle is fought-and won-on our knees!
God listens to you. He will answer you.

Stay tuned...

B

No comments:

Post a Comment