Thursday, April 5, 2012

Love Is Not a Game

My boyfriend has 2 nieces (ages 5 and 9). It is so cute, because each time I see them and ask who their boyfriend is, I get a different answer. I look back to my own elementary years, and it was not uncommon to swap so called "boyfriends" every single week! Ohhh when life was that simple...

Now that I am a college graduate, a current graduate student, and presently in a stable 2-year relationship, I have come to the conclusion: LOVE IS NOT A GAME--it is a gift!



Ladies, I ask you to do this...reflect on your current relationships. Who are you allowing to take part in your private world? Now ask yourself this question...Do they draw you closer to God, or do they weaken your faith and pull you away from Him?

God considers your heart to be priceless. He gave His life so that you can be free! God has so many wonderful and amazing plans for your life. When you get involved with those who do not sincerely care for your heart and constantly play those "relational games," you miss out on what God has in store for you.

I've been there. We all have, and it's never easy. We find ourselves in a relationship that we know deep down is simply no good for us. It's hard, and it hurts. But God is patiently waiting to give you the true desires of your precious heart if you will be willing to let go of it all.

I ask you to take note of 1 Corinthians 6:19-20. It says, "You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

I challenge each of you today to let go of those who harm you, and hold on to your Heavenly Father instead. He will surely open your eyes to see what a real and lasting relationship is meant to be!

Stay tuned...

B

No comments:

Post a Comment