Monday, July 29, 2013

Running in the Humidity

As many of you may already know, I've decided to try once more on the whole marathon idea. After 2 of my best friends recently signed up for their second race, I realized my personal pride couldn't let them do that without me completing at least ONE! :)



I am only two weeks into the training program, and I am finding out quickly that running in this Louisiana summer weather can be TOUGH. I went for a run yesterday, and I felt like the humidity swallowed me up! The air felt so thick that I was not even sure if I could get enough air to breathe my next breath. It really does make for a pretty intense run. Training in Louisiana humidity can test your endurance, your lung capacity, and your drive and determination to keep running.

When I got back home after my run yesterday afternoon, I started thinking how we get like that in our own lives sometimes. We may feel that we cannot breathe due to various circumstances. Sometimes we allow these anxieties to take over and make us feel like can't catch a breath.

Ever felt that way?

Your teacher piles a ton of homework on you the week you have 3 other exams, your boss seems to be on your case about every little thing, your boyfriend/girlfriend decides it's time to part ways, you're taking care of a sick child, money is tight, etc. You get the point.

But the cool thing is, 1 Peter 5:7 says, "Cast all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

So next time you are feeling "breathless" in your everyday life, know that we have Jesus to give our anxieties to. He so desperately wants us to find our peace in Him. When you do, it will be like one of those days when the humidity has ceased, and you feel as if you can run forever--a true "runner's high" when your air feels abundant!

B



No comments:

Post a Comment