Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Going to the Chapel...& We're Gonna Get Married

I was a bridesmaid in a good friend's wedding this past weekend. I had almost forgotten all of the hard work, dedication, and effort that goes into preparing for a wedding! Needless to say, I was reminded. The hair, make-up, the dress, decorations, etc.--all very time consuming, yet all so very worth it!



I will freely admit that I spend a few days daydreaming about my own wedding day--hoping that everything is absolutely perfect in every single way.



So of course all of my thinking and daydreaming just led me to more thinking and daydreaming...

We are God's beautiful bride! No wedding celebration on earth can compare to the celebration we will one day share with Him on that amazing day in heaven!

Every bride prepares for her earthly wedding by doing all she can to be her absolute best. The bridesmaids, friends, and family members of the bride work so hard to make everything perfect before she walks down the aisle to meet her bridegroom.

The Lord abolve is our heavenly Bridegroom, and He has already made all of the wedding preparations for us. How great?!

Our life may sometimes seem anything but perfect, but it is so awesome that on that glorious day, He will present each one of us as being spotless and blamesless! I love that!

He simply asks that we let our hearts be His. He wants us to let His mercy and love be the sweet music that fills the sanctuary.

I get so excited thinking about being clothed in the beautiful gown of God's glory on that special day!

"Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honor to Him; for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and His wife hath made herself ready."-Revelation 19:7

Stay tuned...

B

No comments:

Post a Comment